And it’s all mixed in one bowl, lessening the amount of dishes used. Less dishes always make me a happy girl!
Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves + extra for garnish (I recommend seedless!)
- 12 raspberries + extra for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together sugars, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour.
3. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, applesauce, and raspberry preserves and mix just until combined.
4. Pour batter into a greased muffin tin until each cup is 2/3 full.
5. Press one raspberry into the center of each muffin cup.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Spread a thin layer raspberry preserves on top of each cupcake and top with frosting or Cool Whip. Top with extra raspberries.