In my opinion, these are, hands down, the best things I think I’ve ever cooked. Each bite is packed with pizza flavor and I can’t get enough of them! I brought Daniel a few to try and he polished them off in a matter of seconds, immediately asking for “30 more, please.”
We love onion (I use frozen chopped onion most of the time, because my eyes so much when I cut fresh onions that I can’t see and cut myself almost every time!), so feel free to cut down the 1 cup if your family isn’t as fond of them!
The fresh basil adds a big flavor punch, but the combination of the basil, oregano, paprika, garlic, and onion seemed to meld perfectly to bring all of the pizza flavor in a tiny little bite.
You could definitely sub turkey pepperoni to make them a tad healthier, if you were so inclined, but I used the regular pepperoni and these babies are still only 35 calories per bite. Not bad at all!
These are kid-friendly, adult-friendly, and perfect party food (if we were football people, I’d make these for the Superbowl)!
We may need to start making these on a weekly basis.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni slices (~1/2 of a 7 oz bag)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried crushed oregano
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Nutritional Information for 5 bites per My Fitness Pal: Calories - 175, Fat - 10g, Protein - 9g, Fiber - 2g, Calcium - 10mg, Carbs - 12g