It took me years to be able to tolerate mild salsa. Yes, I’m serious. Last year, Daniel, my dear husband who tries to be in the kitchen as little as possible, cooked for me. He made buffalo chicken in the crockpot. He shredded it and made sandwiches with lettuce, ranch dressing, and provolone cheese. They would have been delicious…if my mouth hadn’t been on fire the entire time.
Daniel orders buffalo chicken anything whenever he can – wraps, sandwiches, chicken strips, etc, but I never make it for him at home. Until now.
The only bite I took of these was the one in the last picture of this post. It was covered in ranch dressing and it still burned. I happily left the rest of the batch for Daniel to take up to his men’s retreat. Daniel just raved about them and I’ll take is word for it.
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites
Makes ~24 Bites
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (we used Frank’s)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Mix together all ingredients.
3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Nutritional Information for 4 bites per My Fitness Pal: Calories – 109, Fiber – 1, Fat – 4, Protein – 8, Calcium – 6, Carbs – 11