So, after we recorded our weights, we needed a healthy, filling meal. Enter Stuffed Quinoa Peppers.
Oh my goodness…this pepper filling is so good! It has just a hint of spice (just increase the cayenne if you want more!) and the rest of the ingredients meld together to make an incredibly delicious flavor explosion in your mouth.
Now, for the peppers themselves…different people like different textures. I prefer to just bake the peppers, so they retain a lot of their firm, crispness. I use a knife and fork to eat it and it is just perfection to me. Other people prefer their bell peppers much more softened, which you can achieve by boiling the peppers for a few minutes before filling them.
And the kicker for me…you can make them ahead of time! I made them the night before and just tossed them in the oven when I wanted them! I sprinkled cheese on the top, because every stuffed pepper I’ve ever had has had cheese sprinkled on the top, but both Daniel and I agreed that it really doesn’t need it.
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Makes 6 peppers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 lb ground turkey, cooked (I used 93/7)
- 16 oz tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- 6 bell peppers, stems and seeds removed
6. Optional – Sprinkle cheese on top of peppers and extra filling and bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.