I’m kind of a wimp when it comes to spice and the 1 teaspoon of chili powder (and green chiles) just added a touch of spice in my opinion (though they were more spicy when I ate them as leftovers!), so add more or less depending on your preference!
The salsa was good, but hard to dip the bites in because of the vegetable chunks. Next time, I’ll make some sort of sour cream sauce instead, but even so…these were really good and very filling. Since I’m the only one in the house at the moment, I ate these pre-run for an afternoon snack, post-run for dinner (2.6 mile run last night!), and I took some to our neighbor.
Y’all, go forth and make these, ya hear? Olé! Or whatever Southwesterners say.
I should know this after living in Arizona for 3 years now.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles, drained
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup fiesta blend shredded cheese
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.