But, pumpkin would fall under that crazy category.
I’ve tried to avoid any and all pumpkin foods for the majority of my life. I’ve had a few bites of pumpkin pie over the years, but, for the most part, I’ve just really stayed away from the stuff.
And then, one day, my eyes were opened. I was missing out on a world of deliciousness! Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cream cheese muffins, pumpkin bread, and…pumpkin cookies.
I’ve had a bag of white chocolate M&Ms around and knew I wanted to use them for a Fall recipe, but just couldn’t decide which one. I found one.
The pumpkin adds just the right amount of moistness and the M&Ms provide a sweet crunch that satisfied my Fall food craving perfectly!
And I’m not the only one who was interested…
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
Makes ~ 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pkg white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or white chocolate M&Ms
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, white chocolate pudding mix, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
4. When the butter and sugar is creamed, add the egg, vailla, and pumpkin to the mixing bowl.
5. Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined.
6. Stir in the white chocolate chips or M&Ms.
7. Using a heaping tablespoon of dough per cookie, place them about two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies just start to brown.